Securing Baggage / Valuables
When traveling, it is worth taking extra measures to secure your baggage and valuables. Please refer to a few pointers below:
- Attach name tag(s) or card on the outside and inside of your baggage.
- Attach unique stickers, tape, or labels on your baggage to ease identification and avoid collection errors on arrival.
- Remove old destination tag.
- Hand-carry fragile or perishable items.
- Hand-carry items of value, such as keys, artwork, cameras, money, jewellery, precious metals, silverware, medicines, drug, dangerous goods, commercial goods or samples, personal electronic devices and odd-sized articles, etc.
- Hand-carry important documents, such as negotiable papers, securities, business documents, passports and other identification documents, etc.
- Use good quality baggage that lasts longer and can withstand fair wear and tear resulting from the normal rigours of transportation by air and by baggage handling systems.
- Pack your baggage properly and securely in suitable containers such as musical instruments in sturdy hard case, bicycles in strong and protective case, liquids and gels in plastic bags or water proof containers etc.
- Do not over pack and overweigh your baggage.
- Ensure your baggage does not contain any dangerous goods. Please refer to http://www.dragonair/da/en_HK/helpingyoutravel/prohibiteditems for more information.
- Ensure your baggage is securely closed and locked where possible. When travelling to and from the USA, we recommend that you use a lock recognised by the United States Transport Security Administration (TSA) so that your bag can be physically inspected by the TSA. Please refer to our Security Checks pointers or the TSA website for further details.
- Remove straps and protruding objects from your baggage before checking it in.
Our liability for checked and unchecked baggage is limited; please refer to http://www.dragonair.com/da/en_HK/helpingyoutravel/claimbaggage for our Notice of Baggage Liability Limitations.