Google Now is a personal travel assistant via the Google Search app through the relevant Android and iOS devices. It brings passengers the right information at just the right time whenever they need based on the location, preference, schedules, etc.
2. What can I see on the Google Now?
Various useful information will automatically be organised into simple cards that appear on this service. Cathay Pacific and Dragonair adopt this latest technology to provide our passengers with all the flight reminders, upcoming flight status, terminal/gate number, local weather and traffic condition via the Google Now notification.
3. Who can receive the flight information via Google Now?
Passengers who book flight on cathaypacific.com or dragonair.com with their Gmail address, Marco Polo Club or Asia Miles members who have subscribed to our notiFLY Pre-flight reminder and non members who entered their Gmail address in their booking record at least 48 hours before departure.
4. What will I need if I want to see the Google Now notification?
To use this feature, a Gmail address is required with an iPhone, iPad or Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) devices.
If you use an iPhone or iPad, download the Google Search app from App Store. If you use an Android device, Google Search is already pre-installed.
5. How do I enable the notification via Google Now?
For iOS devices, click the gear and turn on the Google Now in Google Search. For Android devices, go to Google Setting, then click “Search & Now” and toggle Google Now to “ON”.
6. When will I receive the Google Now notification?
The Google Now notification will show up 24 hours before flight departure.
If your booking is made on cathaypacific.com or dragonair.com within 24 hours before departure, Google Now notification will show up accordingly once you receive our booking confirmation email via Gmail address.
7. When will I receive the latest departure and arrival time?
The real time flight status will be shown around 6 hours before flight departure. Any changes on the departure and arrival time will also be updated automatically once internet connection is available.
8. Is the flight status on the Google Now real-time? What happened if there is a change of departure time or arrival time?
Yes, real-time flight status is available while Google Now retrieves the latest flight departure, arrival time, gate number or terminal number from Google Search with a third-party data source. Any change on departure or arrival time, or flight cancellation will also be stated on the Google Now notification.
9. Why can’t I receive the Google Now notification even when using a Gmail address?
There could be a few reasons:
Your booking is not made on cathaypacific.com or dragonair.com, make sure you have stated your membership number during the reservation and subscribe to notiFLY Pre-flight reminder in your member profile;
You are not our member yet, please provide us your Gmail address at least 48 hours before flight departure via Manage Booking or your travel agent;
Your device is not connected to the Internet, for Android devices, please also enable Data Sync.
10. What if I make reservation within 48 hours of departure time? Or if there is any booking change or cancellation within 48 hours?
If your booking is not made on cathaypacific.com or dragonair.com within 48 hours before flight departure, Google Now notification will not show up.
If there is any booking change within 48 hours such as change of travelling date, booking cancelation, Google Now notification will reflect the change of flight status.
11. Can I use the Google Now notification as Mobile Boarding Pass to board flight?
No. Any information displayed on Google Now notification cannot be used as Mobile Boarding Pass for security, immigration or boarding flights. To obtain your Mobile Boarding Pass, download it from the KA Mobile app after you checked in.
12. Can Google Now notification serve as booking confirmation?
No. It provides the necessary information or reference in one single place that provides any travel information. It cannot serve as a booking confirmation if there is any last minute change to the booking.
13. If two passengers in the same booking use the same Gmail address, how many notifications will be prompted?
One Google Now notification will be displayed per device. Each notification corresponds to one flight segment only.